How to Replace a Kitchen Sink Strainer
Sink Your sink has a tough job profile! It’s where you clean up the mess after preparing a delicious meal. Browse our wide selection of durable, high quality sinks in stainless steel, microlinen and quartz granite finishes. Choose a single bowl, single bowl with drain board or double bowl with drain board to meet your specific cleaning needs.
Kitchen sink are often overlooked when people opt for kitchen remodelling. Kitchen sinks though remain forgotten but is the core component for every kitchen specifically when your kitchen is going modular then it plays a big impact on the kitchen cabinet design.
BUY KITCHEN SINKS ONLINE FROM A WIDE SELECTION OF SINKS BY KAFF INDIA
Kitchen sinks are divided into different types, the four of the major Kitchen Sink types offered by Kaff India are discussed herewith:
– SINGLE BOWL KITCHEN SINK
Kaff has an unique range of single bowl Kitchen sink with a depth of 204 mm. It features a sound reduction pad in the bottom of each kitchen sink. It also has an anti-condensation coating. Kaff’s Kitchen sinks takes care of the elegance of your kitchen, the sink exhibits quartz/granite for different colors finish. Some of the sink exhibits its style and charisma through stainless steel finish and micro linen finish. Not to forget the metallic black coated sinks that don’t get scratched easily. All the single bowl kitchen sink comes with a lifetime warranty. So if you are planning to get your kitchen remoddled then Kaff’s Kitchen sink is the final call.
– SINGLE BOWL KITCHEN SINK WITH DRAIN BOARD
Single bowl Kitchen sink with Drain Board exhibits European style with a board that is scratch resistant. Extraordinarily designed in snow carbon black finish. Kitchen Sinks comes with a siphon and pipe. The single bowl Kitchen sink with Drain Board that comes in stainless steel design has got a sound reduction pad in the bottom of the sink.
– DOUBLE BOWL KITCHEN SINK
Double bowl Kitchen sink is generally preferred Kitchen Sink by household that wants a mess free zone. Kaff understand the requirements of such kitchen sinks and have developed a chaos free zone in the double bowl kitchen sinks. It has a depth of around 228mm and the double bowl kitchen sink features a sound reduction pad on the bottom of the kitchen sink with anti-condensation coating. The stainless steel kitchen sinks design makes it more sophisticated and elegant looking for your kitchen cabinet.
– DOUBLE BOWL SINK WITH DRAIN BOARD
Double bowl kitchen sink with Drain Board helps you to keep heavy loads without worrying about. One can empty the hot messes in these sinks. European designed Kitchen sinks are perfect for joint family and for those family who wants to get a hassle-free kitchen experience. Kaff has a wide number of kitchen sink design options like carbon black finish, granite finish or stainless steel finish. The stainless steel kitchen sink comes with sound reduction pad and anti-condensation coating that makes your kitchen ideal and unique.
Buy Kitchen Sink Online from Kaff- The Ultimate Choice to Clean Your Kitchen’s Mess
Cleanliness and durability are the prime pointers that kaff takes care of. Each fine woven steel sink for kitchen from Kaff has a scratch resistant features. Kaff’s wide range of kitchen sink that helps you clean your mess and still look classy in your kitchen. Get a best kitchen sink price from Kaff.in by comparing different Kitchen Sinks.
There aren’t many reasons for changing out the drain pipes under a kitchen sink, but one of the most common is during a kitchen renovation when the sink is being replaced. The steps for installing the sink drain will depend on how different the new sink is from the old one, as well as what other components are being installed. For example, in older homes, the new sink may be a different depth than the old one, so some alteration of the branch drain pipe fitting entering the wall may be necessary.
Tools and Materials You Will Need
- Kitchen drain trap kit
- Tape measure
- PVC tubing cutter or hacksaw
- Plumber’s putty
- Channel-type pliers
- 02of 06 Check the Drain Outlet Height Aaron Stickley Deep-basin sinks are very handy and stylish, but they take up more room beneath the countertop and may require that you lower the drain fitting in the wall to match the lower height of the sink drain. Before you buy a new kitchen sink , it’s a good idea to check the height of the stairs on the old sink or the floor of the cabinet. Measure up to the center of the trap arm. If the height is more than 16 inches, then you may find that a new sink will pose difficulties in achieving the necessary downward slope (grade) for the stair arm entering the drain fitting in the wall. This is especially true if the new sink will have deeper basins, or if you are installing a garbage disposal for the first time. If the measurement is 12 to 13 inches from floor to stair arm, then you are unlikely to have problems. Knowing the height of the existing drain will prepare you for the possibility that you will need to lower the drain outlet in the wall as part of the drain hookup on a new sink. Continue to 3 or 6 below.
- 03 or 06 Lower the Drain, If Necessary Aaron Stickley If you find the existing drain opening is not low enough to accommodate the depth of the new sink, you (or a professional) will need to open the wall and lower the position of the sanitary tee connecting to the branch drain. This can be a somewhat complicated job that requires cutting away the back of the cabinet and the wall surface. In our example, the new deeper sink left insufficient room for connecting a standard drain assembly to the drain outlet in the wall (left photo). So, the sanitary tee fitting has been lowered (right photo). Keep in mind that the drain height needs to leave enough room to remove the stairs and clean it out when necessary.